Case Study - Compressor Building
La Plata County Compressor Building
This building expansion is an addition to an existing USSI building.
The facility is part of a natural gas gathering system on a local Indian reservation. This low to high pressure
compressor station is now capable of processing roughly 80 MMscf/day generating a peak 24,000 horsepower. The
building encloses 5 compressor packages driven by Caterpillar G3616LE lean burn engines.USSI designed the
ventilation system to maintain a 20 °F temperature differential while meeting the acoustical performance
criteria. USSI’s proprietary 8N45 Acoustical Panel System was utilized to meet a stringent sound level
specification of 55 dB(A) at a distance of 350 feet from the building.
The project was successfully delivered and completed in 2019.
USSI Scope of work & Project Highlights
- 65’ wide by 60’ long by 30’ eave height addition to USSI building originally built in 2006
- Column-mounted conduit and cable tray support system
- Proprietary USSI 8N45 Acoustical Panel System roof and walls
- Sound attenuated ventilation system with acoustical silencers and lined hoods
- Ventilation supply fans and roof exhaust hoods designed for 20 °F DT